My machine is skipping stitches; what should I do?
- Change your needle. Needles are only good for 8 hours of sewing.
- Check your upper threading. Make sure that every part is threaded correctly.
- Check that your bobbin is inserted in the bobbin case properly.
- If in doubt, always rethread your machine.
How do I load my bobbin?
- For a front or side loading bobbin, remove metal bobbin case. Insert bobbin so that it spins clockwise as you pull the thread. Insert case with metal arm facing upwards.
- For a top loading bobbin, place your bobbin into the case in a “P” shape.
How often should I have my machine serviced?
- Once every 2-3 years. Always take it to a qualified mechanic. Looking after your machine will maintain the value and extend its lifetime.
Do you service sewing machines?
- Yes. We have a team of qualified mechanics that can service any make and model. Any repairs that go beyond the price of a service are guaranteed for 1 year parts and labour.
How do I get to the store?
- Please visit the Contact page to see directions, maps and bus routes.
What needle should I use?
- Needles are tailored to every kind of fabric and thread. For instance, a jeans needle is stronger than a standard needle so that it can work through dense fabrics without breaking. PLEASE PHONE US FOR A FREE NEEDLE GUIDE.
Does my tuition have an expiry date?
- No! We’re happy to book you in for a lesson at your convenience.
Can I book additional tuition?
- Yes! If you have already used your tuition or if you purchased your machine elsewhere, we provide one-to-one for £50/hour.
Do you sell knitting supplies?
- Yes, we sell knitting machines and accessories as well as hand knitting supplies.
- Change your needle after every 8 hours of use.
- Be sure to use the appropriate thread/needle for each project. Example: If you are sewing with metallic thread, then using a metallic needle will help.
- Bobbins are machine specific. Be sure to use the correct ones for your machine.