- Function. What would you like your machine to do? Dressmaking? Quilting? Textile art? What type of materials are you likely to use? Cotton? Leather? Paper? Will the machine be for professional or personal use? Answers to these questions will help us to focus your search.
- Budget. How much are you willing to spend? Sewing machines range in price from £99 to £9,000. Where do you fall within that spectrum? Call David and Sophie to discuss how to get the most for your money.
- Potential. We want to make sure that the machine you buy will last. Consider which machine is realistic for you today, but will also provide you with future potential. It’s better to invest in a machine that will last you twenty years than to buy something that will cramp your creativity after two. Our free private tuition and ongoing support guarantees that you’ll be able to explore your machine’s potential over any length of time.
Friends of David Drummond are invited to use our code to get £2.00 off tickets to The Great British Sewing Bee Live
Book today by clicking here and Save £2 on adult tickets bought in advance (normally £16.50) enter code DDSM when prompted.
The Great British Sewing Bee LIVE is launching this year, this exciting new event is taking place over four days in September from 21st – 24th at ExCel London. If you’re a hobbyist dressmaker who’s been inspired by what you’ve seen on the TV programme, a seasoned professional looking for new ideas or fancy taking dressmaking up for the first time the event is for anyone with a love of dressmaking, textiles, fashion and tailoring whatever level you are.
Here are just a few things you can expect to see
- The show hosts hundreds of workshops for all abilities
- 100+ exhibiting companies
- Garment and vintage fashion galleries
- Make at home fashion catwalk shows
- Dressmaking drop in clinics
- Live demo theatre
- The Great British Sewing Bee Super Theatre with TV judges Patrick Grant and Esme Young and past contestants from the Great British Sewing Bee.
Spend a day out with friends re-stocking your material stash, learning to sew, mastering the art of dressmaking, plus so much more…..
This August Janome are doing an unbelievable offer on their flagship machine, the Memory Craft 15000.
Ex Demonstration Price:
Customer Saves £2,750
off New Price £6,999
Following Janome’s European Institute event earlier this year in Portugal , which our own sewing tutor Sophie attended, they have a limited number of MC15000s which were used to teach classes on at the event. These ex-demonstration machines have hardly been used, are upgrade-able and come with all of the standard accessories.